Now Accepting Resumes: Assistant Teacher/ Paraprofessional
Job Description: Assistant Teacher/Paraprofessional
Reports to: ADVANCE Academy Director
Assist in the administration of classroom instruction for assigned students in ADVANCE Academy.
- Provides instructional and clerical support for classroom teacher.
- Directly supervises classroom instruction for each student assigned.
- Implements curriculum in individual and small group settings.
- Assist teacher in curriculum preparation, testing and updating and evaluating students’ progress.
- Observes student progress and records relevant data.
- Coordinates all materials with teaching team members.
- Participates in parent/teacher conferences as needed.
- Assists in keeping records of measurable outcomes.
- Assists, as needed, in development of IEPs for classroom students.
- Monitors assigned students across a variety of settings.
- Assists other team members, as needed
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Exhibit good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Contribute to a positive work climate and to overall team effort of the organization.
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to interpret guidelines and requirements
- Punctual and reliable.
Experience, Education and Other Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma as well as at least two years’ experience/training in working with children with developmental disabilities and related communication delays.
- Experience with Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) preferred
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification preferred
- Paraprofessionals without an associate’s degree or higher must either have passed the ETS Para Pro Praxis to obtain certification or be actively pursuing a college degree.
Send resumes to Jack O’Connor, ADVANCE ACADEMY Director, email@example.com